The Differences between Cleaning, Sanitizing & Disinfecting
In order to fully rid a surface of germs and viruses, more is required than your basic cleaning process with soap and water. At Eagle Enterprises, we take our jobs seriously, and that includes ensuring that environments are thoroughly disinfected and safe to be in. Here is why each step is essential:
Cleaning uses a detergent and water to physically remove germs from surfaces. This process does not necessarily kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection. If a surface is not cleaned first, germs can hide under soils and reduce the effectiveness of the disinfectant.
Sanitizing is the process of reducing germs on surfaces to meet public health standards. This process has a lot in common with disinfecting, but sanitizing products need not bear an EPA registration number. Instead, in the food service industry, if the word “sanitizer” appears on a product’s label, it must meet the EPA requirement of reducing the total number of organisms by 99.999 percent within 30 seconds.
Disinfecting kills germs using chemicals that have been proven to destroy viruses, bacteria, or other microorganisms. Disinfecting destroys or inactivates both the bacteria and viruses identified on the product’s label (like influenza and rhinovirus) on hard, nonporous surfaces. Disinfectants are the only products approved by the EPA to kill viruses on hard surfaces. Proper disinfection procedures help kill germs on surfaces, greatly reducing the spread of sickness. We can help by providing proactive and remedial disinfection services in your facility.
Disinfecting Services We Offer
1. TOUCHPOINT DISINFECTION: This is the process by which we use an EPA approved disinfectant and a microfiber rag to apply the disinfectant manually to surfaces. High “touchpoints” are focused on in common areas, thus greatly reducing the possible transmission of viruses in high-use, high-touched areas.
2. ELECTROSTATIC APPLICATION: In this method, Eagle Enterprises uses an electrostatic sprayer to apply disinfectant to surfaces. An electrostatic sprayer applies a positive charge to the disinfectant which, when sprayed, coats the surface thoroughly, and coats all sides of the surface. This application is very comprehensive and allows the disinfectant to “wrap around” surfaces and get into all the little nooks and crannies. Additionally, we use electrostatic spraying because:
- It is the FASTEST AND EASIEST way to disinfect facilities with more consistent coverage.
- It enables TOUCHLESS electrostatic delivery.
- It uses STATE OF THE ART equipment and technology.
CALL US TODAY: 414-431-9600 and we will put together a disinfecting program that meets the needs of your facility.
Office Cleaning Milwaukee
Eagle Enterprises is a commercial cleaning service in Milwaukee WI. Read more about us.